Tourist visa is a non-immigrant visas for persons traveling to Vietnam temporarily for tourism, visit family and friends, or study a short course.
Check if you need to apply for a Tourist Visa – people from certain countries can travel to Vietnam without applying for a visa first, we call this Visa Exempt Countries.
Criteria you must meet
- You must show that you’re a genuine tourist or visitor and intend to leave Vietnam at the end of your stay.
- You must have enough money to live on while you’re in Vietnam or have an acceptable sponsor.
- For some countries travel must have a ticket to Vietnam or be sponsored for the cost of your onward travel.
Gather and prepare the following required documents before you apply for your Vietnam Tourist visa:
- Passport valid for travel to the Vietnam: Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your period of stay in the Vietnam, If more than one person is included in your passport, each person who needs a visa must submit a separate application.
- Vietnam Visa Approval Letter: You can simply apply online and pay the Visa fees, in two working days you get the approval letter in your mail. You need to show the “Visa Approval Letter” in destination Airport to get stamped Visa.
- Photos: You need two recent, identical, passport colored photographs with front view and a plain background.
- Entry-and-Exit form: It is required for all foreigners who arrived in Vietnam. This form can be given to you at the airport or you can download it online. Kindly note that, normally the validity for tourist visa is 1 to 3 months only.
- Visitors are not permitted to accept employment or work in the Vietnam on Tourist Visa.
- If you’re coming to Vietnam to take up an offer of employment, you should apply for a Work Visa.
- If you want to conduct business while in Vietnam, you should apply for a Business Visa.
- Do not make final travel plans or buy tickets, until you have issued a visa.